We can provide this for musculoskeletal / pain problems only if we consider this to be the most appropriate treatment for your presentation. However, we emphasise our overall approach is to restore efficient movement patterns to help achieve a return to your normal functional activities. Therefore, if used, acupuncture should be considered as an adjunct to help facilitate this approach. We do not provide acupuncture for other reasons such as smoking cessation or weight loss.
Beneficial for sports recovery or relaxation. Although we accept that you may have niggles or discomfort this service is not considered as an injury assessment session. If you are attending with a focus on injury assessment/management we recommend a new initial consultation appointment to thoroughly assess your injury and offer the most appropriate treatment.
We can see children, typically from age 8 upwards from an injury perspective. Kids from age 5 upwards may also attend for Dynamic Movement Skills. This can be particularly effective if sharing the movement mat with a couple of friends (costs adjusted).
- From an injury perspective: please note that should you have any concerns whatsoever about the child’s injury or general health and presentation we strongly advise consultation with a medical professional before physiotherapy.
- Please note children under 16 should be accompanied by an adult at all appointments.
If you would like another adult to attend your session, please do not hesitate to let us know. We wish to ensure that you feel comfortable at all times within the clinic.
Booking info required
When making your booking we may request the following information
- Name, Address, Telephone number.
- Email (If happy to provide. This may help with additional communication as appropriate).
- Preferred method of communication and, if applicable, if you are happy for us to leave a message with a partner/relative or your phone if used by others.
- Reason for seeking appointment – this can be general information e.g. low back/leg pain or running analysis (this helps with preparation for your appointment and may require the physiotherapist to contact you for a further discussion before your visit).
What should I wear?
If you are attending for a low back or lower limb problem we recommend bringing a pair of shorts or suitable trousers/bottoms that can roll up above the knee. Additionally, we recommend that female clients bring a vest type top for spinal or upper limb problems. This enables an appropriate level assessment for most problems whilst maintaining your comfort. Please see the ‘specialist clinics’ information for any additional specific advice.